June 8th, 2013
Today I’m 35.
On my 33rd birthday, I wrote a list of 33 things I’m grateful for. I missed last year, but I’m going to pick this practice back up and make it an annual tradition. So, here goes, y’all. My life would absolutely not be the same without these things + people.
1. my sweet Emmanuella Bay, who is nearly 1 year old and brings constant joy and growth into my life.
2. Mark, my husband & life partner. For his daily sacrifice and hard work to provide for our family. And his silly ass.
3. my mother, who has consistently spent at least one afternoon a week with Ella so I can see clients, get a massage, catch up on emails, or just sit at a coffee shop and do nothing (yeah, right).
4. my dad and his commitment and love for our family
5. Mark’s parents, Dee & Dave, and all of the generous ways they have supported us over the past year.
6. my sister, Polly, Aunt “Oppie”, and her listening heart.
7. my Nana and her thoughtful gifts to Ella
8. friends who call to check in weekly and who listen, validate and encourage me unconditionally
9. Our babysitting swap with Erin & Vivie!
10. Our neighbors and landlords who take incredible care of our home & Ella
11. Massage trades!!
12. Instagram. For real.
13. Whole Foods.
14. Brene Brown
16. Pandora Radio
17. Birthday texts from friends!
18. hot showers
20. This song
21. And this one.
22. hot coffee
23. rich relationships that embrace vulnerability and courage
25. My nurse coach community- I get to participate in the shifting healthcare paradigm and it’s incredible.
26. Friends filled with faith who keep me grounded and inspired
27. Galveston, TX
28. Carrie Contey
29. healing & forgiveness
32. essential oils
33. our Houston Heights neighborhood
34. s l e e p
35. YOU! Thank you for sharing in my list! I hope it inspires gratitude in you.